There was a chapel at Stanton described in 1622 as belonging to Thornton.The chapel
was last recorded in 1635 when it was in need of repair. It is thought the two bells
that were once in the chapel were eventually moved to Peckleton circa 1712.
The present church was built in 1908-9 by Edward Turner of Leicester. This church
was supposed to have a south aisle and west end but was never finished probably due
to lack of funds, however a lobby was added recently to the west end. The church
consists of an entrance lobby with kitchen and toilet facilities which then leads
into the nave and chancel area being all in one. The church has a nice 'warm' character
with its modern open seating and decor. The church is well supported by the community
and holds regular services. There is parking available outside the church and access
is fine although the church is usually locked outside of normal services.